Britain Yearly Meeting (BYM) has responsibilities though the Equality Act 2010 to ensure that disability equality issues are addressed. QDEG members are contributing their skills, knowledge and experience to this endeavour.
In particular, QDEG seeks:
- To promote the full inclusion of all disabled people within the Society.
- To raise awareness of the diversity of needs among disabled Friends.
- To enable the skills and experience of disabled Friends to be valued and fully utilised.
- To provide advocacy for disabled Friends at all levels within BYM.
- To provide advice and share expertise.
- To work with groups with similar aims.
- To provide mutual support and foster positive relationships within QDEG.
- To help each other flourish.
- Disability equality has a higher priority within the Society
- An email group enables networking and sharing among members
- Learning difficulties and mental health problems are recognised as well as physical disabilities
- Accessibility at Woodbrooke has improved, especially for those with visual impairment
- QDEG is involved in planning for YMG
- In partnership with Woodbrooke, QDEG members have trained as tutors to run courses and workshops to raise awareness of disability
The committee at work.